Ubuntu Teen
HomeAbout

How Linux Helps you to Move House

I am moving house on Wednesday and lucky for me, Linux has made it that much easier...


  • I backed up my Windows 2000 partition... using Linux

  • I backed up my Ubuntu Partition... using Linux


And last but not least, due to the amazing work done by the Ubuntu Netbook Remix Team & all the Ubuntu Developers, the Ubuntu Netbook Remix Image worked perfectly on my Mum's eeePC, enabling me to create a LiveUSB to boot instead of the default Xandros install.

This means that thanks to the work done by the NetworkManager developers, I can use a T-Mobile mobile broadband dongle on the eeePC, allowing me access to the internet through the few days (that actually turned into two weeks!) that we are setting up the broadband at our new house.

Thank you Linux !!

0 comments: